XMCL data is divided into two parts:
- XMCL as a cache and database generated by chromium
- Minecraft related data
XMCL cache and database
The cache related to XMCL itself is stored in the system appdata path, which is different on different platforms.
%LocalAppData%\Packages\XMCL_ncdvebj03zfcm\LocalCache\Roaming\xmcl # Version >= 0.34 %LocalAppData%\Packages\XMCL_68mcaawk44tpj\LocalCache\Roaming\xmcl
Do not delete the files here unless you know what you are doing.
Here you will find some
json files used to store various configurations, and the database will also be stored here.
- User data. Stores users' accounts, skin links, etc. Stored in the
- Global settings. Global settings, such as language, proxy URL, download node, etc. Stored in the
- Instance cache. Records the last selected instance path and the paths of all known instances. Stored in the
- Java cache. Records detected Java paths, version information, etc. Stored in the
- Resource database. Metadata for resource files, such as parsed mod information. Stored in
leveldbformat, in the
- Logs. XMCL historical logs. Stored in the
I believe you are very familiar with the directory structure of Minecraft data. The data directory of XMCL is slightly different from that of Minecraft:
Most of the content is actually the same as Minecraft, among which the
instances folder contains all instance files.